Q&A: What Should I Pack for a Heli-Ski Trip?
Going heli-skiing? YES, friend! Go get it.
Here’s what to know about what to bring. Check your list twice, and you’re set to fly.
(Note: What you may bring for your entire ski holiday is outside the scope of this list – what you’ll find below is specifically about your day or days of heli-skiing.)
- Ski / Snowboard boots
- Shell jacket
- Shell pants
- Base layers, top and bottom
- Midlayer top (wool or synthetic, NOT cotton)
- Puffy midlayer jacket or vest (compressible and small enough to stash in a pack)
- Gloves / Mitts
- Ski- or Snowboard-specific socks
- Neckwarmer / Facemask
- Travel insurance (you can’t actually pack it, but you should have it!)
The Essentials That We’ll Provide For You
- Digital avalanche transceiver
- Small backpack with shovel and probe
- Powder skis and poles or a powder snowboard (optional, you can bring your own)
- A tasty and hearty lunch and snacks, tea, juice and water
- Ski and poles or a snowboard (powder-specific gear is included, but your own setup is welcome if that’s what you prefer)
- Camera / Smartphone / GoPro
- Extra gloves
- Extra lens for goggles (for flat light)
- Goggle wipe
- Handwarmer or toewarmer packs
- Water bottle (for mid-run hydration if you need)
- Sunscreen / lip balm
- Personal medications (i.e. asthma inhaler)
- Pocket tool / Leatherman (especially if you’re a snowboarder that needs to adjust on occasion!)
Getting organized ahead of time means nothing but a smooth take-off and total immersion in the experience!
Grab a handy PDF of our ‘What to Bring’ list right here, and get ready to for the best skiing or riding of your life.
Click on the image below to download it instantly.
FREE stuff that’ll make you smarter, happier and better-looking (well, the last one might be a stretch).
Click on the image below to grab it.